Friday, October 8, 2010

From Bingo Halls to Bangkok: A Fast Food Journey to Enlightenment

More than ten years ago I was in a state of existential crisis. I was in my late thirties and had no idea what the hell my life was all about. I was unhappily married with two young children and I was living a life of quiet desperation.
 I do believe that the universe provides whatever it is you seek, as long as you are open to receiving it. This is how it happened for me.
There was a trip being planned to Thailand around this time that I really wanted to go on. My ex and I could afford the ticket which was $1750 but I really felt the need to pay for it myself to somehow justify leaving him and my children for three weeks.
Around this time my sister-in-law who was an avid bingo aficionado asked me to accompany her to bingo. I was not a bingo player and had no interest but for some reason I felt compelled to go. We decided ahead of time to split whatever winnings equally. Well several hours later we had won, between us, three bingo games. When we went to do the split of monies, lo and behold the exact share was $1750.
Now people tell me this is just coincidence. I don't believe in coincidence. Coincidence is the universe showing you the way. Some call it synchronicity. Whatever it is, we all need to learn to pay attention to the signs. The universe was providing me with the money to go on this trip.
 Next time you have something coincidental happen don't just disregard it. Look at it and see what it is you are being shown. These are the lessons that we thick headed humans are being shown.
This trip at this time in my life was just what I needed and the universe knew this.

No comments:

Post a Comment